All Our Software Applications come built in with standard analytical tools and include Bar Charts, Pie Charts, Line Graphs, Pareto’s and More… These Analysis Tools can be viewed and flexibly used through Site Navigation.
Additional Analytical Tools are purpose built to provide Category Management Insight. The Output of each can also be viewed through Site Navigation, making it easy to get a Total Business Overview at a click of a button.
Chain Research also provide Custom Analysis development – see Services.
Market Share & Gap Analysis
The Spatial Mapping Tool allows users to overlay Store Location to Geographic Insights, example: Demographics, Rainfall and Temperature amongst others to develop Category Specific and Location Specific insights.
Our Market Share Tool allows users to share data against Geo-Grids and by doing so, gain measurable Opportunity Gaps and market share insight from participating users.
Category Role and Implied Strategy
CR Solutions creates System Generated Category Roles by Measuring Category Characteristics across a number of relevant factors.
The User can then override these System Generated Roles with “Desired State” Category Roles.
For Suppliers, an analysis across retailers will ensure that Supplier Strategy is in Line with the Retailers Strategy for the Category.
Category Role> Implied Strategy> Definition> Characteristics
Link Items, Segments or Brands to the implied Category Strategies.
Merchandise Principles, CDT’s and Business Input
Merchandise Principles, Merchandise Flow Diagrams, Consumer Decision Trees, and Business Input (Insights from Analytics) are readily available to Range Planners, Space Planners and the like, ensuring that Planograms and business decisions taken, are in line with the Corporate Strategy.
All Our Software Applications come built in with standard analytical tools and additional analytical outputs are purpose built to provide Category Management Insight.
All our Analysis are created with the aim of determining Category Insights which are used to develop the “Category Business Plan”.
Access Category Insights through Site Navigation and simply right click and add your observations to the Category Business Plan.
The Purpose of Business Analysis is to Observe Trends and gain Insight that will assist in determining Actions to be taken.
CR Solutions will develop custom analytics where this is required – see services
Chain Research brings together a number of Analytical tools to determine Clusters. The User can use all or only relevant fields to determine Store, Category, and Department Clusters.
- Evaluate Stores by Performance e.g. Brand or Turnover to form clusters
- Build Custom Store Clusters by Category
- Build a Basket of Goods that tell a story e.g. Premium Items = Premium Nature
- Evaluate Stores by their Actual Line Listings to determine Clusters
- Create Share Profile Clusters
Once Cluster Models are Formed, this information is linked directly to Range Planning and Space Planning, thereby reducing the workload needed to maintain large quantities of Categories and Stores.
- The System Automatically moves stores to the new cluster and receives the range indicators of the new Cluster.
- All Analysis is kept up to date, so you only need to do this once.
- System Generated Clusters can be “User” Modified to reflect Desired State
Goal Setting & Budgets
The Basis for Goal Setting and Budgets will be built along the following principles:
- Corporate Goal Provided: Example Grow Profitability
- Select the Categories Most Capable of delivering this Goal based on Category Role
- Provide a Revised Business Target for the Category
- Change the “Life of a Category” monitor to reflect the shortfall required
- Use a Measure Slider linked to Elasticity to determine the changes needed, example: Price, Promotion, Range or Space.
- Submit these “Actions” for Approval
- Develop the Tactics
- Evaluate Results